Newsflash. Not everyone in leadership or management is competent. I'm sure this isn't surprising to most of you. Most of us have worked or volunteered under incompetent leadership at one time or another. The biggest quandary when in such a situation is how to cope with with it.
- Do what you can to make the situation better.
- Go to the manager's manager, HR, or seek outside representation
- Get out. Find another job.
His advice parallels some principles I've always learned when in such a situation. I'm adding a couple more options.
4. Stay and do nothing but stop complaining since you are unwilling to take action.
5. Find a great physical activity to relieve stress. You will need the outlet.
What are your thoughts on the matter? Would you care to add to the list? If so, please add them by making a comment to this post.